Appleby's Cheshire with a delicate smoked flavour.
This is selected from a milder Cheshire. The calico is removed from the cheese and it is then smoked traditionally in the smokehouse with oak wood chips for 3 to 7 days, dependent on weather conditions. Appleby’s Smoked has excellent cooking properties.
- Flavour: delicate smoked flavour
- Texture: moist and crumbly
- Body: shown by a ridge along the edge of the cheese iron
- Fat: a trace should be seen on the back of the iron
- Acidity: the smoking gently cuts through the zesty Cheshire
- Vegetarian: vegetarian rennet used